Saturday, December 6, 2008

National Drug Intelligence Center's Dynamic Mapping

Hi, everyone. I work in the Training Unit at the National Drug Intelligence Center (NDIC) and there is now a "Dynamic Mapping Initiative". I would love to get more involved with this initiative. It would be interesting to show policy makers how drugs are coming into their neighborhoods.

I hope to learn more about mapping in this class and from all of you. I can also talk to the individuals who made the maps on the NDIC webpage and I would like to work with them to develop training for our analyts. We could even incorporate the mapping into our communications courses. Then, we can have the analyts use the maps in their briefings.

-Rebecca

3 comments:

Lisa Kellogg said...

I am intrigued at potential of using GE and Google maps with tracking drug dealers. Thanks for sharing. It is not a use I would have run across otherwise.

Doug Emmerich said...

And everyday I learn something new. I didn't know about this organization and the dynamic Mapping initiative is very exciting. I hope you can get in with this project.

Michelle said...

The drug mapping site is great! I teach a lesson about drug use and the effects it has on the body/brain. Now I can add this to it to give it even more dimension. Thanks for passing this on!